Are you planning a party and in need of a darling way to deliver some goodies? How about handing out party favors in a bag that looks like Rudolph and his eight flying friends? We are going to make some darling reindeer bags today. Follow the instructions below if you’d like to make your own!
- Silhouette CAMEO® or Silhouette Portrait®
- Silhouette Studio®
- Silhouette Cutting Mat
- Silhouette Cutting Blade
- Cardstock – Multiple Colors
- Silhouette Spatula Tool
- Design ID #282049
Step One: Preparing the Design
- Begin by opening the 3D Reindeer Bag design (Design ID #282049) in Silhouette Studio®.
2 Ungroup the design by right-clicking on the design and selecting “Ungroup” or by using the keyboard shortcut Control + Shift + G or Command + Shift + G.
3. Separate the design pieces based on material you want to cut them from.
4. Place cardstock on the cutting mat and click on the Send tab to open the Send panel. 5. Set the material according to the type of cardstock you are using. For example, for the bag and the base of the face, we used a heavy cardstock, so make sure you select your material settings accordingly. When you are ready to cut this group, click Send.
6. Next cut the mouth, eyes, and ear pieces. We want to make multiple bags at once, so click and drag the pieces to the design space. Then duplicate the image by right-clicking and choosing “Duplicate” or using the keyboard shortcut Control + Arrow Key or Command + Arrow Key.
7. Once these are cut you remove them from the cut window and bring in the pupils and nose. Follow the steps above to duplicate.
8. Go back to the Send panel, select your material, and click Send once again. Repeat until you have cut all the pieces you need from all the cardstock colors.
Step Three: Assembling the Bags
Now that you have all of your pieces cut it’s time to assemble.
1. Start by placing gluing the mouth eyes and ears onto the base of the face. Next adhere the black pieces such as the nose and pupils.
2. While the face is drying, fold the bag along the crease lines.
3. Glue on the face to the bag.
4. Now glue the bag together by applying glue to the tabs and holding them while they dry.
You can now fill the with toys or goodies for your guests. Let these guys be a center piece of your party. How will you use these fun bags? Will you make just one or have an entire herd? Let us know below.