Create your own rhinestone designs or purchase rhinestone designs from the Silhouette Design Store that you can add to any fabric surface you want. Follow these simple steps to see what you need to do.
- Silhouette CAMEO®, Silhouette Portrait®, or Silhouette Curio™ (with the large 12-inch base)
- Silhouette Cutting Mat
- Silhouette Cutting Blade
- Pick-Me-Up™ tool
- Rhinestone Template Kit
- Rhinestones (233 10ss rhinestones and 168 16ss rhinestones)
- Rhinestone positioning brush
- Piece of cloth or fabric
- Design ID #62253
1. Create or open your rhinestone design in Silhouette Studio®. DO NOT resize the design. Each tiny circle will fit an individual rhinestone. Depending on your version of Silhouette Studio®, you will have different rhinestone options. (With Basic Edition, you will need to use a rhinestone design from the Design Store. With Designer Edition, you have options to create your own design using the Rhinestone icon. With Designer Edition Plus and Business Edition, you have access to Advanced Rhinestones, which opens up many more possibilities.)
2. Once you’ve finalized your design, place the template material onto your cutting mat, and load the cutting mat into your Silhouette machine. In the Send panel, choose “Rhinestone Template Material.” Adjust your blade to the necessary blade depth (unless you are using a Silhouette machine with an AutoBlade). Click Send to cut out your design.
3. Peel the black material off of the white material. It works best to do it quickly.
4. Add the black material, which is your template, to the rhinestone backing board.
5. Pour your rhinestones onto your design.
6. Gently brush the rhinestones into the template holes. Use the Pick-Me-Up™ tool to place individual rhinestones.
7. Once you have all of your rhinestones positioned face-up on your template, cover the design with a piece of transfer tape. Press firmly to adhere all of the rhinestones.
8. Lift your rhinestones attached to the transfer tape and position them on your project.
9. Place a cloth over the design and iron your rhinestones into place. Your iron should be on the wool setting, and you should hold the iron over the design for 45–60 seconds. Remove the cloth and carefully peel back the transfer tape.
And that’s how you create a rhinestone design. You can play around with other templates and even create rhinestone designs with multiple colors.