Stippling is the process of creating designs or images out of dots, and the Silhouette Curio™ and Silhouette CAMEO® have the ability to do ink stippling.
- Silhouette Curio™ or Silhouette CAMEO®
- Silhouette Studio®
- Sketch pen or pen with Silhouette pen holder
1. Open your design in Silhouette Studio®. In the Page panel, change your page to “Curio (emboss)” if you are using your Curio or whichever page settings match the material you are using with your CAMEO.
2. Go to the Stipple Trace section in the Stipple panel and select “Select Stipple Area.” Drag a box around the image, choose a stipple style, and apply.
3. In the Send Panel, choose the material type you are going to stipple. In this example, we will stipple on cardstock. As an action choose “Stipple” and as a tool choose “Sketch pen.”
4. Insert a sketch pen or a pen with the pen holder into the tool holder. If using the Curio, place material on the embossing mat and hold it down with material fasteners. Otherwise, place material on a cutting mat. Load your material. Click “Start” in the Send tab. Watch the Silhouette stipple!
5. Unload the mat and remove your project.
NOTE: Metal stippling only applies to the Curio. Ink stippling can apply to either the Curio or the CAMEO 3.
Check out this tutorial to see the metal stippling feature of the Silhouette Curio™.