I bet you didn’t think that you could turn this design into a 3D shape! These little pumpkins will be perfect for dressing up your fall- or Halloween-themed gifts and parties. Want to make some? Let’s jump in!
- Silhouette CAMEO® or Silhouette Portrait® or Silhouette Curio™
- Silhouette Cutting Mat
- Silhouette Cutting Blade
- Silhouette Studio®
- Design ID #66350
Step One: Create The 3D Shape
- Download Design ID #66350 and open in Silhouette Studio®. Ungroup the design and keep the largest pumpkin shape.
- For the stem, create a small rectangle and use the shear tool to skew it to the left. You can locate the sheer tool under the Transform Panel. I adjusted my stem 15 degrees to the right.
- Duplicate the pumpkin shape (right-click the pumpkin and select Duplicate) and set it off to the side.
- Weld the stem onto the large pumpkin. To do so, select all the shapes, right-click, and then select Weld.
- Set up your page to look like the page below. You will want four pieces total for each pumpkin.
- Cut your pumpkins using the card stock setting. (Remember to adjust your blade if needed.)
Step Two: Assemble The Pumpkins
- Fold three pieces (the ones without the stems) in half.
- Glue one-half of the folded end to an end of another folded piece, and then glue the end of the last folded piece to one of the other two pieces so that the three pieces are now all glued together.
- Now that all 3 pieces are together, glue on the remaining pumpkin with the stem. (Note: The piece with the stem will stay flat. This creates the 3D effect.)
What will you do with your rockin’ pumpkins?