It’s time to say hello to fall with this fun fashion DIY! The temperature is cooling down, and the leaves are changing. We are all ready to ditch the flip-flops and wear some cute closed-toe slides and sweaters! Fall is my favorite time of year, so I took some basic white slides that I got for under $7 from our favorite bull’s-eye store and added a lot of personality to them using my Silhouette CAMEO! Here are a few inspo ideas for this design:
Add to shoes (as we have done here)
Incorporate on a t-shirt
Add to a seasonal handbag
Cover a coffee cup (perfect!)
Add to a journal or book cover
- Silhouette CAMEO®
- Silhouette Studio®
- Silhouette Cutting Mat
- Silhouette Cutting Blade
- Silhouette Vinyl – Metallic Copper
- Silhouette Hook Tool
- Silhouette Transfer Tape
- Design ID #150293
- Design ID #66065
Step 1: Locate Art in the Design Store
1. After purchasing the Hello Fall (Design ID #150293) and Leaves (Design ID #66065) designs in the Design Store, open Silhouette Studio®. Locate the designs in your library and place them on your page. Size the designs to your preference.
2. Add some text if you want (I wanted give a shout-out to my pumpkin spice latte!) by using the Text tool located on the left-hand or right-hand side of the screen and selecting a font of your choice.
3. Size the designs to your preference. I sized my pieces to about 3 inches wide to accommodate the shoes. Make sure to measure your project surface first to see what size your designs need to be!
Step 2: Cut the Art
1. When you open the Send panel, everything the CAMEO will cut will be highlighted in red. Make sure your CAMEO will cut out the entire design and not just the edges.
2. Choose “Vinyl, Metallic” from the menu and adjust your blade, if necessary (if you aren’t using an AutoBlade). Load the vinyl into the CAMEO and click “Send to Silhouette.”
Step 3: Prepare and Apply the Designs
1. When the CAMEO is finished cutting, weed away (or remove) the excess vinyl so that just the designs remain.
2. With the help of transfer tape (I live for this stuff), carefully transfer the vinyl from the vinyl backing to the shoes. Apply the Hello Fall design to one shoe and the Leaves design and text to the other shoe.
I hope you enjoyed this fall-inspired fashion crafty DIY project! I have gotten SO many comments on them, and I’m sure you will too!
What designs will you add to your shoes?