Nothing brings me joy like giving gifts to friends and family that are made with love. It doesn’t matter what time of the year; I can tell you that baking cookies and presenting them on a beautiful platter that says “Made With Love” will be a huge hit! Make this for Valentine’s Day, teachers, Mother’s Day, and grandparents. People will eat this up!
For these cookies, we used a basic sugar cookie recipe and made our own royal icing too. Who knew egg whites were the trick? The fun part for me is using BEET JUICE as natural food coloring and letting my kids paint the cookies like art canvas. They really had so much fun with it.
We used Silhouette vinyl to make this platter. It is really diverse and makes a great decor addition to your kitchen when you put it on a plate stand. You can change the color depending on the color scheme of your room.
- Silhouette CAMEO®
- Silhouette Cutting Mat
- Silhouette Cutting Blade
- Silhouette Studio®
- Silhouette Matte Vinyl – Fuschia
- Silhouette Hook Tool
- Silhouette Transfer Tape
- Design ID #238969=
Step One: Open the “Made with Love” Design
- After purchasing the monogram in the Design Store, locate Design ID #238969 by locating the design in your library. Double-click to bring the design into Silhouette Studio®.
- Now that the design is pulled up, you can adjust your size according to your cutting board shape. We sized ours at 5 in. x 5.25 in.
Step 2: Cut the Design
- When you click on the Send tab, everything the machine will cut will be highlighted in red.
- Choose “Vinyl” from the menu and adjust your blade to the recommended setting.
- Load the vinyl into the Silhouette and click “Send.”
Step 3: Prepare and Apply the Graphic
- When the machine is finished cutting, weed away the excess vinyl.
- With the help of your Silhouette transfer tape, carefully apply the design to your platter.
This blog post was contributed by Jessica of the blog Live Like A Mother. Follow her for more inspiring Silhouette projects.