It’s almost Valentine’s Day, and I want to make sure my kids have personalized goodies that make them feel special and loved. You can use this simple DIY Silhouette project in a MILLION different ways. I have four uses that are perfect for your little (or big) valentines.
- Use it as a party decoration and fill with decorative straws
- Make a DIY station for hot chocolate and they can use as a cup
- Fill your vessel with sweet treats for your valentine
- Fill with baking utensils and have a DIY cookie party
- Silhouette CAMEO®
- Silhouette Cutting Mat
- Silhouette Cutting Blade
- Silhouette Studio®
- Silhouette Vinyl – White Matte
- Silhouette Hook Tool
- Silhouette Transfer Tape
- Cup / Mug
- Design ID #176149
Step 1: Create Your Circle Monogram
- After purchasing the monogram in the Design Store, locate Design ID #176149 by locating the design in your library. Double-click to bring the design into Silhouette Studio®.
- Now that the design is pulled up, you will want to Ungroup the design. To do so, select the design and right-click. Then select Ungroup.
- Now your shapes will all be separate. Collect the initials you’d like to use and set them aside. Typical monograms list the initials in this order: first, last, middle.
Step 2: Cut Out the Monogram
- When you open the Send tab, everything the CAMEO will cut will be highlighted in red…the color of love! 😉
- Choose “Vinyl” from the menu and adjust your blade to the recommended settings. If you are using an Auto Blade, you will not need to adjust your blade by hand.
- Load the vinyl into your CAMEO, click “Send.” Your machine will now cut out your design.
Step 3: Prepare and Apply the Monogram
- When the CAMEO is finished cutting, weed out the excess vinyl with your hook tool.
- With the help of transfer tape (I live for this stuff), carefully apply the monogram to your vessel.
I hope you enjoyed this simple and sweet Valentines Day idea! All you need is love… and a monogram!
This blog post was contributed by Jessica of the blog Live Like A Mother. Follow her for more inspiring Silhouette projects.