Have you ever wanted to create in 3D, but found the process a little daunting? We’re here to tell you that you can do it! Dip your toes in the water with this week’s FREE Design of the Week! It’s a 3D apple that takes 2 steps to master.
- Silhouette CAMEO® or Silhouette Portrait® or Silhouette Curio™
- Silhouette Cutting Mat
- 12 x 12 Cardstock (red, brown, and green)
- Design ID # 211379
Step One: Prep and Cut The Design
- Open Design ID #211379 in Silhouette Studio by locating it in your library.
- Your design will appear on your cutting page. Make sure to pull aside the stem and leaf of the apple. These will be cut in a different color, so to start you will only want the apple shape to be present.
- Next, resize your apple design to the dimensions you are wanting your 3D apple to be (mine measures 3 tall x 3.5 wide).
- Place your 12 x 12 red card stock on your cutting mat and load it into your cutting machine.
- Select Send in Silhouette Studio. Set your materials setting to cardstock. Adjust your blade now if you are not using an Autoblade. Now, select start and your machine will proceed to cut out the design.
- Once the apple body is complete, cut out your stem and leaf by following the same steps above.
Step Two: Assemble The Design
- Now for assembly, fold all of your red apple pieces along the scored lines in the middle.
- Grab one of your folded apple pieces, apply glue on one-half of the apple. Grab another apple piece and match up with the edges of the glued piece. Press and hold till to secure.
- Continue this process for all 10 pieces. When you fit the last piece in, glue the two ends together.
- Glue your leaf and stem together. Add this to the top of your design by gluing them on the center of your finished apple.