The Silhouette CAMEO® 3 and the Silhouette Curio™ are the only machines with the dual carriage. The great thing about the dual carriage is that it allows you to perform two tasks at once. Just follow the instructions below to see how you can use the dual carriage. In our example, we are doing a sketch design and cutting the outline at the same time.
1. Open your design (Design ID#65245) in Silhouette Studio®. Make sure your design is ungrouped so that certain lines may be assigned to certain tools. Go to the Line Style panel and change the color of either the outline or the design.
2. Load your first tool into Tool 1 of the carriage holder (the holder on the left).
3. Repeat for your second tool into Tool 2 on the right.
4. Place your material on your mat and load it.
5. Go to the Send panel and Choose Action by: Line. Select your material and assign which lines you want to cut (or sketch) with which tools. To do this, select which colors of your design will do what action with either Tool 1 or Tool 2. (We have Tool 1 performing the sketch for the red line. Tool 2 is cutting the blue line.) Send your design to your Silhouette.
6. Unload your project when it is finished with both actions.