If you love to add embellishments to your paper crafts, then one product that you need to know about is the double-sided adhesive sheets. In the tutorial below, we’ll show you just how easy it is to cut your design and add glitter, embossing powder, or flocking powder to make the design stand out.
- Silhouette CAMEO®, Silhouette Portrait®, or Silhouette Curio™
- Silhouette Cutting Mat
- Silhouette Cutting Blade
- Silhouette Double-sided Adhesive Sheets
- Silhouette Glitter – bold colors
- Cardstock – white
- Silhouette Spatula
- Design ID#260063
- Design ID#9273
- Design ID#126935
1. Open the designs in Silhouette Studio®.
2. Position a double-sided adhesive sheet onto your cutting mat with the white side up and feed it into the Silhouette.
3. In the Send panel, select “Double-sided Adhesive” as your media. Adjust the blade as indicated (unless you use an AutoBlade) and click “Send.”
4. Remove your project from the cutting mat. Make sure that all excess internal adhesive pieces are weeded out.
5. Remove the yellow liner from the back of the design. Make sure not to remove any adhesive from the white liner.
6. Carefully place the design into position with the white liner facing up and press into place. Be careful because the double-sided adhesive forms a very strong bond and should only be used for permanent applications.
7. Remove the white liner and make sure that all the adhesive transfers cleanly.
8. Liberally apply glitter (or flocking powder) to cover the adhesive design.
9. Gently brush away the excess material. You can brush the glitter or powder that doesn’t stick to the design right back into the jar.
The adhesive on the double-sided adhesive is very strong, so it is great for using glitter on a variety of projects.