Life IS better at the beach. Fact. We are going to make a pillow today to remind us everyday. We are going to use heat transfer in smooth, glitter, and metallic finishes.
- Silhouette CAMEO® or Silhouette Portrait®
- Silhouette Studio®
- Silhouette Cutting Mat
- Silhouette Cutting Blade
- Silhouette Heat Transfer – White, Gold, and Blue
- Silhouette Hook Tool
- Design ID #297110
Step One: Arrange and Cut from Silhouette Studio®
1. Open the design (ID #297110) in Silhouette Studio®. You can cut this darling design as is or tweak it to your liking. Or if you’re like us, adjust it to the pillow you want to apply it to.
2. Scale the design down by selecting the design and grabbing the corner scale handles.
3. We wanted the waves to be a little wider, so we ungrouped the design and stretched them using the center scale handle.
4. We recolored the design just to see how our design would look as a finished product on our pillow.
5. Because we are using multiple colors of heat transfer we cut the design in sections. Remember to either reverse the words before you cut or send the design to the machine mirrored when prompted in the send screen.
Step Two: Weed the Heat Transfer
1. After the design has been cut, use your hook tool and weed away the excess vinyl from your design.
Step Three: Iron the Design
1. Place the heat transfer sticky side down onto your surface.
2. Cover with a cloth and press iron onto your vinyl.
3. After ironing the design, carefully peel away the heat transfer backing. If any part isn’t adhering, lay the heat transfer back down and apply more heat with the iron.
4. Repeat these steps until all your pieces are applied!
Now go find that special place to set your pillow and dream of the beach!