Picture frames can be expensive, so why not make your own?! These fun photo frames are made with paper and then covered with corrugated paper to add a unique texture. Keep the colors neutral or use spray paint to add a splash of color!
- Silhouette Cameo® or Silhouette Portrait®
- Silhouette Studio®
- Silhouette Cutting Mat, optional
- Silhouette Cutting Blade
- Corrugated Paper
- Spray paint, optional
- Design ID #41437, #41436, and #41435
Step One: Formatting the Cut File
1. Insert one of the frame files into Silhouette Studio®. Resize as desired. Cut the entire file from cardstock. If you don’t resize the file, you’ll need two pieces of 12-by-12-inch cardstock.
2. Then cut only the main frame portion of the design from corrugated paper.
Step Two: Assemble the Frames
1. Once all your elements are cut, fold the long straight edge pieces along their fold lines. These pieces will act as the inside border for your frame.
2. Glue them along the inside border of your frame, gluing the tabs together.
3. Next, fold all the teeth inward of the four remaining edge pieces. These will act as the outer border of the frame.
4. Glue the 4 outer border pieces together using the tabs, so you have one long piece to work with. Starting at one of the four points of the frame, begin to glue the outer border to the edge of the frame. The teeth allow you to gently bend and fit the curved edge of the frame.
5. Once both inner and outer borders and glued into place, apply the corrugated paper to the front of the frame and also the back piece. If you’d like to insert a photo, do that before gluing in the back piece.
Your frame is now complete! The additional designs are assembled the same way and look lovely all together!