Today, we wanted to share how you can make your own transparent DIY Kissy Lips Seals for your pretty envelopes or packages. We also show you how you can change the color of an image using the Trace tool in Silhouette Studio®. Shall we continue?
- Silhouette CAMEO® or Silhouette Portrait® or Silhouette Curio™
- Silhouette Cutting Mat
- Silhouette Cutting Blade
- Silhouette Studio®
- Silhouette Printable Clear Sticker Paper
- Design ID #116088
Step One: Prepare the Design
- Create a new document in Silhouette Studio® and open the Mix and Match Valentines images (Design ID #116088).
- Ungroup the images and select the kissy lips with the outline. Set the lips outline aside.
- To change the color of the lips, use the trace tool to trace the image. Open the Trace panel and then click “Select Trace Area.” This allows you to draw a box around the intended area of your image. Adjust threshold and click “Trace.”
- Take the traced image and fill it with the color of your choice.
- Change the color of the outline to blue and place it so that it surrounds the newly colored lips. Group these two things together.
Step Two: Print & Cut the Design
- Click on the Registration mark icon from the Page Setup panel, which is located along the upper right-hand toolbar, and select the style of registration marks.
- Replicate the design throughout the page using the Fill Page option in the Replicate panel.
- Once your design is ready to go, print your job to your regular printer by clicking on the Print icon in Silhouette Studio®.
- Put your printed material on a cutting mat and load it into your Silhouette machine. Select “Sticker Paper, Clear” from material list of the Cut Settings panel and adjust your blade accordingly (unless you use a CAMEO 3 or Portrait 2 with an Autoblade, which adjusts automatically).
- In the Send panel, go to Action by Line and check to cut only the blue lines.
- Click Send, and your Silhouette machine will begin scanning the page for the printed registration marks. After the registration marks are found, the Silhouette will proceed to cut as usual.
- Unload the cutting mat and remove the sticker paper.
Now you have these sassy kissy lips you can use to seal your envelopes and packages. What lip color did you use?
February 15, 2018
I really like your idea i will surely try this on my better half
Comments are closed.