The changing leaves are one of our favorite things about fall! They’re bright and vibrant and make everything so cozy. This fall leaf centerpiece captures all those elements and would be perfect for any upcoming gathering, party, or special occasion! Add a few leaves for place cards to elevate your event.
- Silhouette Cameo® or Silhouette Portrait®
- Silhouette Studio®
- Silhouette Cutting Mat
- Silhouette Cutting Blade
- Cardstock in various colors: we used hot pink, orange, mustard, navy
- Wire stems
- Hot glue gun
- Floral tape
- Design ID #65910
Step One: Formatting the Design
1. Insert the design into Silhouette Studio® and size the leaves to be between 5 and 6 inches long.
2. Ungroup the leaves and then fill your page with one leaf design so you can cut them out on a piece of cardstock. Repeat with the other leaf designs.
3. Cut leaves out in all your various shades of cardstock.
Step Two: Assembling the Centerpiece
1. Once your leaves are cut, glue lengths of wire, 8–9 inches long, to the backs of your leaves. Fold the leaves down the middle to give them some dimension.
2. Then begin to wrap your leaves together with floral tape, clustering 2–3 leaves together, taping, adding more leaves, adding more tape, etc.
3. Make two clusters, pointing in opposing directions.
4. Then secure the two boughs together with floral tape. Fluff up the leaves. Use extra leaves as place cards!
September 14, 2019
ow do you get the wire glued on the leaves??
September 17, 2019
We used hot glue to get the leaves stuck to the wire 🙂
Comments are closed.