Have you had a chance to play with our metallic vinyl? We love the effect that it gives to a project. Today we took our FREE Design of the Week and turned it into a custom wooden tray. It’s amazing how our metallic vinyl can transform a simple project into something really sophisticated.
- Silhouette CAMEO® or Silhouette Portrait® or Silhouette Curio™
- Silhouette Metallic Vinyl – Gold
- Silhouette Transfer Tape
- Wooden Tray
- Design ID #228428
Step One: Set Up The Design
- Open up Silhouette Studio®. Open Design ID #228428 by locating it in your library.
- Adjust the size of the design by selecting it and dragging the outer corner to make it larger or smaller to fit the dimensions of your wooden sign.
- In Silhouette Studio®, select the Send window in the top right-hand corner. Select your entire design and make sure the Cut option is selected.
Step Two: Cut And Assemble
- Load your vinyl into your machine. Make sure to adjust your rollers so that your machine can properly grip your material.
- In the Send window, select the Vinyl, Metallic setting and select Send. (Remember that if you don’t have an AutoBlade, you will need to adjust your blade settings.)
- After your machine is done cutting, unload the vinyl from your machine and weed away unnecessary parts of the design.
- Place the Transfer Tape over your design to help move your design over to the wood tray.
- Slowly peel away the white backing from the vinyl.
- Align your design on your wooden tray. Once you have it in the position you would like, rub the vinyl on the wooden tray. Use your scraper tool to help adhere the vinyl.
- Slowly peel away the transfer tape to reveal your finished design.