Are you looking for a last-minute DIY project to add to your home before the Thanksgiving holiday? If so, I have something to add the perfect touch to your home before the guests start to arrive! Let me share with you how I made this adorable DIY fall pillow cover with my Silhouette CAMEO®.
- Silhouette CAMEO® or Silhouette Portrait® or Silhouette Curio™
- Silhouette Cutting Mat
- Silhouette Cutting Blade
- Silhouette Studio®
- Silhouette Smooth Heat Transfer – Tangerine
- Silhouette Hook Tool
- Pillow Cover
- Design ID #150293
Step One: Locate Your Design
- Locate Design ID #150293 in your library and double-click to open the design in Silhouette Studio®.
- Adjust the size of the design by selecting it entirely and dragging the outer corner to make it larger or smaller. According to the size of your pillow, you’ll want to adjust your shape to complement its size.
- Now that your design is ready to go you are all set to cut your design.
Step Two: Cut and Assemble
- Whenever you are cutting heat transfer, you want to make sure that you cut it correctly. Remember to mirror your image before you cut it! Don’t ask me how many times I have missed this crucial step when cutting heat transfer. I can’t tell you…I am that embarrassed! What is really nice is that Silhouette Studio 4.1 has a pop up that’ll ask if you’d like your image to be mirrored when you are cutting heat transfer.
- Load your heat transfer into your machine or place it on a cutting mat. Then in the Send window of Silhouette Studio®, make sure to select the correct material. It will then tell you what to adjust your blade to. If you’ve got an AutoBlade, then you don’t need to adjust your blade.
- Once your design is loaded, send it to cut.
- After your design is cut, weed the excess material away to leave only the phrase.
- Iron on your design with a cloth pressed between the design and the iron. Use a low-heat setting or a shirt press. I learned that if you wait about 30 seconds for the design to cool, prior to peeling the plastic sheet off, you will have much better luck in removing the plastic backing without ruining your design. If the design has not adhered fully, just repeat the ironing process until it is completely ironed on.
- Voila! You now have a beautiful fall pillow cover for all your holiday guests to enjoy!
Don’t you just love an inexpensive, cute home decor DIY?! I sure do, and this DIY fall pillow cover checks all the boxes!
This blog post was contributed the blog TX Sized Home. It has been edited and republished with permission from the author.