If you’re looking for a fun way to bid farewell to guests, these ice cream cone favors are sweet and simple! We use a lollipop to look like a scoop of ice cream and slipped it into an envelop with a sticker to look like a cone! It’s easy and sure to bring smiles.
- Silhouette Cameo® or Silhouette Portrait®
- Silhouette Studio®
- Silhouette Cutting Mat, optional
- Silhouette Cutting Blade
- Patterned Paper and Red Cardstock
- Iridescent Sticker Sheets
- Glue dots, optional
- Design ID #73876 for the envelop, #301378 for the ice cream cone, and #1321 for the cherry
Step One: Formatting the Designs
1. Insert the envelop/tag file into Silhouette Studio®. Ungroup the file and delete the tag portion as we won’t need it for this project. Resize the envelop to fit your lollipops’ width and height. The lollipops we used measured 1 3/4 inches wide and 5 inches tall, so we adjusted the dimensions of the envelop based on those measurements. Fill the page with as many files as you can.
2. Cut the envelopes out from patterned paper with the appropriate cut settings.
3. Next you can prepare the ice cream cone stickers. Set your page to letter size and turn on registration marks and your Print & Cut border.
4. Insert the design into Silhouette Studio®, ungroup it, and delete the ice cream portions of the design. Size the cone to fit within the dimensions of your envelope. Our cone measures approximately 1.7 inches wide by 3 inches tall. Fill the page with as many as you can. Print the design on an Iridescent Sticker Sheet.
5. Once printed, load the sheet into your machine and only cut the outer edge of the ice cream cones.
6. Lastly, insert your cherry design into Silhouette Studio®, and size it as desired. Our cherry measures approximately 1.1 inches tall by .64 inches wide. Cut as many as needed from red cardstock.
Step Two: Assembling the Pieces
1. To assemble the envelopes, fold along scored edges and then apply adhesive to the tabs to glue together.
2. Place a cone sticker on the front of the envelope, lining up the top edge of the cone with the bottom of the circle cutout on the envelope.
3. Insert the lollipop, and adhere the cherry with adhesive or a glue dot.
4. Give out to all your friends!