Silhouette is happy to announce the arrival of the Silhouette Portrait® 2. It has all of the same capabilities as the previous Portrait machine, but it has been fine-tuned to include some of the standout features previously available only in the Silhouette CAMEO® 3.
Portrait 2 Features:
- AutoBlade compatibility—Let the Portrait adjust the blade for you.
- Deep-cut blade compatibility and higher 2 mm clearance—Cut thicker materials.
- Built-in optical scanner—Make custom cutouts with the Print & Cut feature.
- PixScan™ technology—Scan and cut unique images.
- Bluetooth® compatibility—Use your device to send cuts to the Portrait, no wires necessary.
- Lightweight body and portable size—Make custom creations anywhere.
Do you want a precision cutting machine but can’t justify the size and cost of a CAMEO? Then the Portrait 2 is the right machine for you. It’s perfectly portable, weighing under four pounds, and has an eight-inch cutting width, which makes it just the right size for personal projects. In addition, the Portrait is now equipped with the following enhancements:
The AutoBlade is a blade that is adjusted by the Portrait 2 according to the material you select in Silhouette Studio®. It helps save you time so that you have time to create more!
2 mm Clearance
The Portrait 2 has an increased clearance of 2 mm, which is an improvement from the previous Portrait version. With this feature, you can now cut thicker materials with a deep-cut blade.
The Portrait 2 allows for wireless communication with its built-in Bluetooth® compatibility. It can receive cut jobs from devices, such as smartphones or tablets, that are equipped with Bluetooth®. Those devices don’t have to be plugged into the Portrait, so you don’t have to deal with extra wires if you don’t want to.
How To Purchase
You can preorder the Portrait 2 currently on our store online. Pre-ordered machines will be set to ship early November. Check with your Silhouette retailer to see whether they will carry this machine.
What do you think of the new Silhouette Portrait® 2?