It’s no surprise that Silhouette loves a good party. With fun as our inspiration for this week, we decided to turn this whimsical wreath design into a place card. Yes, you read that right, a place card. We’ve seen many renditions of place cards on the blog, but we haven’t seen one quite like this! Follow along to see how we utilized Silhouette’s Print & Cut feature to make these.
- Silhouette CAMEO® or Silhouette Portrait® or Silhouette Curio™
- Silhouette Cutting Mat
- Silhouette Cutting Blade
- Silhouette Studio®
- 8.5 x 11 Card Stock – White
- Foam Adhesive Circles
- Design ID #220788
- Design ID #178417
- Design ID #67711
Step One: Create The Place Card
- Select the Page Setup window (this icon can be found on the toolbar on the right-hand side of your page) and adjust your width and height to 8.5 inches by 11 inches.
- Open in Silhouette Studio® by locating the design in your library.
- In the Page Setup window, turn on the registration marks by setting the style to Type 1. Adding registration marks is important because your machine reads these in order to cut your printed shapes out perfectly.
- Adjust the size of the design by selecting it and dragging the outer corner to make it larger or smaller. We made it so that we could fit two of them on a page.
- Now Open Design ID #67711 in Silhouette Studio®. Adjust the size of the banner so it fits nicely over the top of your wreath design.
- Using Design ID #178417 , type out the names of your guests. Adjust the size of your font so it fits inside the banner design.
- Select a color for your font. We chose to use the same color as the darker twig detailing in the wreath. To do so, open up the Fill Panel window on the right-hand side. With your font selected, click on the dropper tool icon and hover it over the twig detailing, once your see the little box under the dropper fill with that color, click. This will fill your font with that exact color.
- Select both the banner and the font, right-click and select Duplicate. Double click on the font and it will create a cursor. Delete your first name and add your second name.
- Now select one of your banner and font designs and turn them to the side using the green dot that appears at the top. If you hold shift while turning your design it will keep it all aligned. Move your banner designs to the side of your wreaths.
- Open the Send tab in the top right corner. Select your font and hit No Cut. This will ensure your machine just cuts out the banner.
Step Two: Print & Cut The Design
- Print out your design on the white card stock by selecting the printer icon.
- Once it has been printed, place your printed design on your cutting mat (Note: Remember to keep the large black box in the upper right-hand corner of your cutting mat.) Load the cutting mat into your machine.
- In Silhouette Studio®, select the Send tab in the top right-hand corner. Select the plain card stock cut setting and select Send. (Remember that if you don’t have an Autoblade, you will need to adjust your blade settings.)
- Your machine will read the registration marks and then cut out your design (Tip: If your machine is having trouble reading your registration marks, try manually moving the blade directly over the square registration mark. You can do this by moving the blue arrows in the Send tab in Silhouette Studio®).
- Once your machine has cut out each design, remove the pieces from your cutting mat.
- To assemble, take one of the banners and place two of the adhesive foam circles on either end. Line up your banner on your wreath and press down.
And there you have it! A whimsical name card for your next gathering.