Want to add some homemade magic to your Christmas tree? Today we will show you how you can create 3D box ornament with an adorable reindeer scene inside.
- Silhouette CAMEO® or Silhouette Portrait®
- Silhouette Studio®
- Silhouette Cutting Mat
- Silhouette Cutting Blade
- Cardstock – Multiple Colors
- Silhouette Spatula Tool
- Design ID #282051
Step One: Preparing the Design
- Open the ornament (Design ID #282051) in Silhouette Studio®.
2. Ungroup the design by selecting it, right-clicking, and choosing Ungroup. You can also use Control + Shift + G or Command + Shift + G on your keyboard. Separate the design pieces based on the color you are going to cut them out of.
3. First cut the cube. I used textured cardstock. Adjust the material and cut settings accordingly when you go to the Send tab.
4. Then cut the interior scenes. I rearranged them in the cut window to maximize the use of material and minimize the paper waste.
5. Cut the interior pieces out of thinner cardstock. It’s always a good idea to use thinner material when you have smaller details to cut out.
Step Two: Cut and Assemble the Design
- Send to the designs to the CAMEO, and cut them out, and remove the designs from the cutting mat.
2. Now that you have all the pieces cut, it’s time to assemble them.
3. Begin by folding all the perforated lines on each of the pieces.
4. Now attach the interior pieces to the box. Beginning front to back, adhere one side of the scenic pieces to the the T flaps next to the circle window.
5. Once you have all the pieces front to back glued onto the box carefully, glue the other fold of the scenic pieces to the box.
6. Once all four interior pieces are glued up and dry, it’s time to glue the rest of the box together. Begin by applying glue to the small tabs on the bottom of the T folds.
7. Then glue on the back T folds and press the back and bottom of the box onto the folds.
8. Apply glue to the top flaps of the box.
9. Fold the box top down, pull the small tab up and let dry.
The last thing you have to do is add some twine or string. Now you have a darling ornament to add to your collection. You can customize this by changing the colors of the cardstock or adding some designs to the outside of the box. How would you make this cute ornament your own? Let us know in the comments below!
January 4, 2019
I added glitter to the inserts of the reindeer ornament, a fun project to doo on a rainy day.
Comments are closed.