Stumped on what to get you dad for Father’s Day? You can’t go wrong with a card full of thoughtful words! And a card that looks just like a shirt and tie only ups the cute factor. He can even use the card as a bookmark after the fact!
- Silhouette CAMEO® or Silhouette Portrait®
- Silhouette Studio®
- Silhouette Cutting Mat
- Silhouette Cutting Blade
- Patterned Paper
- Glue Stick
- Design ID #18870
Step One: Formatting the Design
1. Insert Design ID #18870 into Silhouette Studio®. Adjust the card to your desired size. We made ours 4 inches tall to make it a nice size for a bookmark.
2. The next step is completely optional and a matter of preference, but I wanted the tie to be a bit skinnier. To do this, ungroup the design and adjust the dimensions of the tie with the Edit Point function.
3. Now you can choose to add a pocket! To make a pocket, use the shape tool to draw a small square, about 3/4 of an inch in diameter. Add a point to the bottom center of the square and pull down to create a point. This will make your pocket shape!
4. Now decide which patterned papers you want each element of your card and send to you machine to cut!
Step Two: Assembling The Card
1. Once all your components are cut out, fold down the collar of the shirt card along the perforated lines. Secure the paper with a dab of glue or a pop dot.
2. Using adhesive, glue on the tie and the pocket.
3. Fill the card with your best dad jokes and compliments!