Is there anything sweeter than a strawberry pillow!? With the new Cameo 4 and the Rotary Blade for Cameo 4, you can create a this scrumptious felt pillow in a snap! Perfect for a child’s bedroom or nursery!
- Silhouette Cameo® 4
- Silhouette Studio®
- Silhouette Cutting Mat—Use a high-tack or extra sticky mat
- Silhouette Rotary Blade for Cameo 4 (Coming in November!)
- Felt in Red, green, and pink
- 12-by-24-inch mat (can use 12-by-12-inch mat and reduce the dimensions of the berry)
- Sewing machine
- Cotton filling
- Fabric or felt glue
- Design ID #301419 (Comes free with the purchase of a Cameo 4!)
Step One: Formatting the Design
1. Insert the strawberry design into Silhouette Studio®. Select the strawberry design and open the Modify panel and select “Release.” This will separate the strawberry from the seeds and stem.
2. Increase the mat and material size to 12 by 24 inches. Then select all the components of the strawberry and increase the size of the berry so it measures about 16.75 inches tall and 11.3 inches wide.
3. Separate the three different sections of the strawberry: (1) Berry, (2) Stem, and (3) Seeds. Cut two berries—one for the front and one for the back—out of red felt.
4. Cut two stems out of green felt.
5. Cut the seeds out of light pink felt.
Step Two: Sewing the Strawberry
1. Place the two strawberry pieces together, aligning the edges, and sew around the perimeter with 1/4-inch seam allowance. Leave a gap at the top of the strawberry.
2. Turn inside out and arrange the seeds and secure with fabric glue.
3. Sandwich the top of the strawberry between the two green stem pieces. Secure the lower halves of the stems, the portion overlapping the strawberry, with glue. Let the glue dry.
4. Using the gap at the top, stuff the pillow with cotton filling.
5. Once you’ve stuffed the pillow, sew the gap in the strawberry closed with a needle and thread and then glue the top stem portions together. You can also sew around the top portions of the stem if you would like.
Toss onto the bed for a does of sweetness!
December 1, 2019
very nice publish, i certainly love this website, carry on it
Comments are closed.