It’s the best viewing party of the year this weekend! Are you ready for the big game? Did your team make it? Or are you looking forward to the commercials or the halftime show more? We love to celebrate, especially because it’s an excuse to eat some great snacks! Follow our tutorial to find out how to make the snack table even more fun!
- Silhouette CAMEO® or Silhouette Portrait®
- Silhouette Studio®
- Silhouette Cutting Mat
- Silhouette Cutting Blade
- Stencil Vinyl
- Matte Vinyl – White
- Silhouette Sketch Pens – Black
- Glass Jars
- Artificial Turf Rug
- Twine or Jute
- Paper Bags
- Design ID #38361
- Design ID #151838
- Design ID #274246
- Design ID #205489
Step One: Make the Artificial Turf Banner
1. Start in the Silhouette Design Store by buying the football banner design (Design ID #151838) and opening it in Silhouette Studio®.
2. Ungroup the design and delete the football laces and the other pennant.
3. Resize the banner to where you like it. Draw two lines down the center, allowing enough space to fill it in.
4. Type the yard markers (30, 40, 50, etc.) for as many pennants as you would like to use. We used the Impact font that comes preloaded on most computers.
5. Once the design is the way you like, head to the Send panel in the top-right corner and select “Vinyl, Matte” for the material (stencil vinyl doesn’t have a cut profile in Silhouette Studio®, but the cut settings for the matte vinyl will work), cut as the action, and the cutting blade you’re using.
6. Place the stencil vinyl on your cutting mat, and load the mat into the machine. Click Send in Silhouette Studio® to start cutting your design. When the machine is finished, unload the mat from the machine, weed (or remove) the excess vinyl, which in this case is your actual design since we are creating a stencil. So remove the vinyl numbers and the line that goes down the middle.
7. Press the transfer paper onto the leftover vinyl and peel it off.
8. Transfer it to a square of artificial turf and press it down. Cut the artificial turf with scissors using the stencil vinyl as your guide to make the pennant shape. Paint the numbers and line with white paint.
9. Once the paint is dry, peel the transfer tape off.
10. Repeat the above steps for each pennant piece.
11. String the banner together by hot gluing twine or jute behind each piece.
12. Hang the banner for everyone to see!
Step Two: Football Drinking Jars
Step Three: Treat Bags
1. Snag Design ID #274246 to decorate the snack bags. Open the design in Silhouette Studio®.
2. Place the bag on the cutting mat and determine what size the design needs to be in Silhouette Studio®. Resize it to fit the bag. We determined that our design needed to be four inches wide.
3. Load the cutting mat into the machine and insert a sketch pen into the tool holder. Head to the Send panel and select “Paper” as the material, “Sketch” as the action, and “Sketch Pen” as the tool. Click Send and watch the Silhouette do its magic.
4. Once you unload the mat and bag from your Silhouette, repeat until you have enough bags of goodies to make everyone at the party happy.
Step Four: Penalty Flags Sticker
Now it’s time to set up the table and get all of your favorite snacks ready. Enjoy the game, the halftime show, and best of all—the commercials!