Valentine’s Day is in less than a month away, and we can hardly wait! A holiday marked by love notes, chocolates, and flowers galore—we are all for it! These paper poppers make a sweet vehicle for treats and love notes and can be customized in a million ways. We used patterned paper and Print & Cut tags to create the popper and stuffed the poppers with yummy candies!
- Silhouette Cameo® or Silhouette Portrait®
- Silhouette Studio®
- Silhouette Cutting Mat
- Silhouette AutoBlade or Silhouette AutoBlade for Cameo 4
- Patterned Paper
- White cardstock to print your tags
- Glue Stick or adhesive
- Ribbon or twine
- Goodies to fill your poppers!
- Design ID #72429 for the scalloped box
- For the tags, we used a variety of designs! Use them all or pick your favorites! They include design ID #37337 (bike stamp), #183298 (geometric heart), #183295 (hand-drawn heart), #246076 (Happy Valentines Day tag), #183289 (I Love You Label), #183478 (Love Tag), #181771 (Love You The Most), #183505 (Pink Heart), #183313 (Valentines Day Tag), #183316 (Valentines Ephemera).
Step One: Cut Out the Popper Design
1. Insert the popper design into Silhouette Studio®. Adjust the size of the design to your liking. We increased the size of our design to be approximately 9.5 inches tall and 8.5 inches wide for a finished box measuring approximately 9.5-inches long and 2 inches wide.
2. Cut out your popper design on patterned paper with the appropriate cut settings for your material, and repeat for as many poppers as you’d like!
Step Two: Preparing Your Tags
1. Insert your desired tag designs into Silhouette Studio® and size them as desired. Add a small circle to some of the designs if you want to tie them onto your poppers easily.
2. Set your media size to letter and turn on registration marks. Send to printer and then cut on your Silhouette machine.
Step Three: Assemble Your Poppers
1. Once your popper template is cut, fold along the perforated lines.
2. Glue the two ends together
3. Fill with goodies, and then secure the ends by tying them closed with twine or ribbon.
4. Add on a tag(s) or stickers to adorn!