With the Fourth of July on the horizon, it’s time to start thinking about what you’re going to bring to your local celebration! These 3D Star cupcake toppers require minimal materials and look so festive atop some patriotic cupcakes! You could make a whole starry display on a cake as well or make larger stars for a fun display!
- Silhouette CAMEO®
- Silhouette Studio®
- Silhouette Cutting Mat
- Silhouette Blade
- Plain and shimmer cardstock in various colors
- Glue Gun
- Toothpicks or skewers
- Design ID #25638
Step One: Preparing Your Design
1. Download Design ID #25638 in Silhouette Studio®.
2. For the cupcake toppers we made two sizes of stars: 2.5 inches tall and 2 inches tall. Duplicate the design and size the two designs accordingly or to your desired sizes.
3. Cut out your stars on your various colors of cardstock with the appropriate cut settings.
Step Two: Creating the Stars
1. Fold along the scored lines of your star, alternating between concave and convex folds. This creates the 3-dimensional quality of the stars.
2. Fold down the small tabs along the edges of the star.
3. Glue the two faces of the star together, applying glue along the tabs.
4. Insert a toothpick or skewer into one of the openings in the star. You can secure the skewer with a dot of glue if desired. Repeat with all stars.
5. Arrange in your cupcakes for a festive treat!