I saw all these beautiful flower illustrations on the Silhouette Design Store and thought they looked so lovely all together, so a wreath was the perfect application! The method is very simple but creates a bold and bright statement for your front door. Sticker paper and chipboard are essentially all you need. Bring on springtime!
- Silhouette CAMEO® or Silhouette Portrait®
- Silhouette Studio®
- Silhouette Cutting Mat
- Silhouette Cutting Blade
- White Sticker Paper
- Embroidery Hoop or other ring shape to act as your base
- Foam mounts
- Design IDs: 247204, 247183, 247180, 247165, 245752, 245749, 245722, 245719, 245713, 245710, 245698, and 184066
Step One: Download, Size, and Print & Cut Designs
1. Download the flower designs mentioned above and open the designs in Silhouette Studio®.
2. Size the flowers to be about the size of your palm, in between 5 and 6 inches in diameter. Arrange them on an 8-1/2-by-11-inch piece of paper with registration marks on. (You can do this by going to the Page Setup panel, clicking on the registration marks icon, and choosing the type of registration marks you need. Remember not to overlap your designs with any of the registration marks; if you do, your Silhouette may not cut the designs properly.)
3. Load your printer with white sticker paper and print your designs. Remove the sticker paper from the printer, adhere it to a cutting mat, and load the mat into your Silhouette machine. Select “Sticker Paper, White” as your material and click Send to cut out the designs.
4. Repeat the process of printing on sticker paper and then cutting the sticker paper with all the remaining flower designs. You should have 12 flowers in all.
5. Now cut the same flower designs out of chipboard. Doing this will allow us to make the flower stickers thicker and stiffer to create a more sturdy wreath. I fit 4 flowers on each 12-by-12-inch piece of chipboard (I used 3 sheets total).
Step Two: Assemble the Wreath
1. Match the flower sticker to the correct chipboard flower, remove the sticker backing, and adhere the sticker onto the chipboard.
2. Repeat this process for all the flowers
3. Then begin adhering the flowers onto the embroidery hoop or wreath base.
4. Start with the four corners, and add more as you go. Use foam mounts to create dimension and levels between the flowers.
5. Once you’ve arranged and adhered all the flowers, use a ribbon to hang up your wreath on your front door to welcome in spring!